• Kere Hore

    Deep Hidden


    Recovering Deep Hidden Files and Folders

    OK so let's get to the point, I personally no expert in computers, just sharing what I've learned.
    Several years ago, I got my flashdrive infected by some stupid VBE virus and it's very.. very... very... annoying, all my files and folders were in deep hidden.
    Tried "Folder Options" just doesn't helped, I can see the files and folders, but unable to get them un-hidden.
    So I did the inevitable...... "Ask The Mighty Google For Help"
    Yeah...... I found it and then forgot about it until recently another stupid VBE virus struck me again.
    So that I don't have to look for it again in the future, might as well put it here, another noob like me just might stumble upon the same faith.

    SlimJim's Guide for Noobs :

    1. The first thing to do is to scan and clean the virus from the damned Flashdrive or USB drive or Flashdisk or whatever you call it, in a Healthy Computer with a constantly updated Antivirus (Avast, AVG, Avira or whatever Antivirus that you use, just make sure that the virus are detected and cleaned).

    2. Open "Windows Explorer", "Right Click" on the drive that's being use by your Flashdrive/USB drive, and choose "Properties" just to make sure that your files are still there, it's shown by how much drive space that's still being used by your files, even though Windows Explorer will show you that the Flashdrive/USB drive is empty.

    3. Open "Command Prompt" also known as DOS Command.
     - From "Start", choose "Run", type cmd and hit "Enter" and the black DOS box should appear (Windows XP).
       Other way is,
     - Click "Start", choose "All Programs", choose "Accessories", click "Command Prompt" (easiest way to find it on Windows 7)
    Something like this


    4. Change drive to the drive used by your flashdrive/USB drive (It's shown on windows explorer, if you still have no idea about it, then you're worse then Noobs).

    Example : If the Flashdrive/USB drive uses drive letter I, then type i: and hit "Enter".

    Something like this.


    So it changed to something like this.


    5. Type attrib -s -h /s /d *.*
    Something like this.


    6. Hit "Enter" and wait until the process is complete.

    When completed it'll change to something like this.


    7. That's it and you're done.
    Open windows explorer and open your Flashdrive/USB drive, all your files should've been recovered from "Deep Hidden".

    I hope this will help myself in the future, or whoever bumped into the same stupid VBE trap.


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment